[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 2.7.4 pre-production prototypes received and working

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:43:24 BST 2017

> i received the latest pre-production cards yesterday and have tested
> one of them: it works.
>
> however (and this is the whole point of doing pre-production
> prototypes) in endeavouring to use automated assembly and solder paste
> it was discovered that the VIAs underneath the pads for the JAE DC3
> Micro-HDMI connector are sucking the solder paste in and down, leaving
> the pins not properly connected.

How about placing the connector on a small flex-PCB and then connect
the flex-PCB to the hard-PCB? Then you don't have to worry about the
correct mount height of the connector, leaving you with a bigger
variety of connectors. But then you'll need find another way to fixate
the connectors to the card housing. 3D print?

Also you can test connectors independently of the whole board.

I understand such a change might be to big to do in terms of time and costs.

Just trying to think outside the box here ;-)