[Arm-netbook] mali gpu reverse engineering lkcl may ignore

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jun 18 15:32:53 BST 2017

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Bill Kontos <vkontogpls at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  if we proceed to reverse-engineer MALI, logically it results in
>> people buying more ARM products.
>>
>>  if people buy more ARM products, logically it results in more money
>> (resources) going to support ARM's illegal and unethical actions.
>>
>>  any action which is taken that results in support or endorsement of
>> unethical actions is, logically, itself, unethical
>>
>>  therefore, logically and plainly put: unless ARM's attitude changes
>> the reverse-engineering of MALI is itself an unethical act.
>
> So someone buying an nvidia card and using nouveau with it is by your
> logic unethical ?

 how did you gain that impression from a logical chain of "ANDed"
statements which began with some illegal and unethical behaviour by
ARM?

 i note from the above context that you cut off the absolutely
critical part of the chain of ANDed statements.  you specifically cut
the one *right* at the beginning, which was the illegal and unethical
behaviour that ARM committed against luc verhaegen.

 did you not read that part, or were you under the impression that it
was not part of the chain of logical reasoning?

 has NVIDIA engaged in similar illegal or unethical practices to that
which ARM carried out against luc verhaegen, which we know were and
are sanctioned by the CTO of ARM?