[Arm-netbook] Standards Organization as a Potentially Universal Free/Libre Software Developement Sustenance Model

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 13 03:52:07 BST 2017

---

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 9:50 PM,  <doark at mail.com> wrote:

> Just out of interest, not that I can do something about it *now*, is there
> any sort of list of "Things-that-a-kicad-or-clone-aught-to-do"?
> People can't fix or add what they don't know that they are missing and I,

 i've tried that: reported several bugs.  the developers of kicad
became entrenched in their own belief that their approach was
absolutely correct, superior, and that the problem did not exist.
after about a year, including input from other people who supported
the bugreport (also ignored), i went, "y'know what? this isn't worth
my time and effort".

> ???
> Why not start with recommending them to make their software open source?

 have you seen how oracle's attitude works out?  mysqldb, virtualbox,
openoffice - look up how those have been received by the software
libre community.