[Arm-netbook] modifying a 7 inch notebook cabinet to acceptapccard

ronwirring at Safe-mail.net ronwirring at Safe-mail.net
Sat Jun 10 17:03:10 BST 2017

-------- Original Message --------
From: Christopher Havel <laserhawk64 at gmail.com>
Apparently from: arm-netbook-bounces at lists.phcomp.co.uk
To: Eco-Conscious Computing <arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] modifying a 7 inch notebook cabinet to acceptapccard
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 16:17:45 -0400

> Respectfully, if you can't understand the protocol, you're out of your
> depth and need to tackle something simpler and build up to this. Take the
> scenic route, it will reward you better. Trust me -- I speak from
> experience on this -- you'll wind up with a half-completed project that
> doesn't work and you don't know why. I have a dozen or so of those in my
> past.

It is not a big matter to me. I do not know to do any of it. I ask around. If I get
easy to understand low priced solutions, I take advantage of them.

> As for the Teensy... yes, one for mouse, one for keyboard. Use a touch
> panel for a small LCD for the touchscreen. There's really no way to combine
> them without getting into proprietary chips from eg Holtek -- and since
> those chips are proprietary and therefore expensive and hard to get, you're
> thankful that you can use a pair of Teensies ;)

About the battery. If I can find an usb power bank having the right
specifications, I could then use the power bank to power the
computer and if I wanted to be able to charge the battery and
have the computer turned on at the same time, I could get
a charger with 2 usb connectors?