[Arm-netbook] Eoma68 update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jul 25 13:29:34 BST 2017

---

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> it actually got to be dangerous to try to bend / snap it, i was applying
>> so much force i was concerned that shards might fly off.  applying a
>> *lot* of pressure - enough to make marks on my fingers - only bent it
>> about 2-3mm out of shape.
>
> Did you also try some fall tests, because that's more likely to happen
> in real life.

 on the one prototype being used for the crowd-funding?? naah!

> Especially as the case design is not monilithic (if I remember
> correctly), the shock forces will get applied to the weakest parts.
>
> Hey, it's OK if you actually didn't ;-)

 well... honestly... if people do drop it, they're on their own, and
get to keep all the pieces.  buuuut... that's no different from any
mass-volume product... the difference being: you get to be able to
3D-print your *own* replacement parts, and repair it yourself.

 as opposed to "throw the whole thing out"

> You could test with pieces that had 3d printing problems, so as not to
> destroy any good ones.
>
> And then label the project as being Eco-consciously tested !

 mmm... yyeahh not today :)