[Arm-netbook] Standards Organization as a Potentially Universal Free/Libre Software Developement Sustenance Model

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jul 13 15:19:49 BST 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Jean Flamelle <eaterjolly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Meh, I don't really think myself ready to write this kind of a document.
> I really don't know as much as I'd like to on the topic.

 well... would you like to help evaluate some of the long-standing
well-known free software projects out there?   i vaguely recall making
a list a few weeks ago.  we need a table showing what "features" each
of them has.  do they use mailing lists, do they have a forum, do they
have a charter, do they have a "code of conduct" *shudder*, do they
properly honour free software licenses or do they have some sort of
unethical "forced contributor agreement" (oracle in particular).

a comparison of pre and post forks for major projects such as x11 /
xorg, openoffice / libreoffice, mysql / mariadb, and so on, would be
really *really* interesting and informative.