[Arm-netbook] Init Freedom

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jul 9 05:15:04 BST 2017

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:53 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> The mission statement came later.  But they do mean it's about choice.
> That said, they do have practial limitations as to what alternatives
> they can offer themselves, and they have focussed on important
> alternatives that are not provided by Debian.  This is how they provide
> choice.  I don't see how this si oncompatible with their mission
> statement, though I can see how it may appear so.

 because i've spoken directly with them (privately), and received an
emphatic opinion that their state of mind is so firmly in the
"anti-systemd" camp that to even *contemplate* the mere *suggestion* -
in an open fashion - that systemd really should be included in order
to properly honour their mission statement would be outright rejected.

 the sad thing is that if they actually did make it possible to choose
to use systemd in devuan, the means and method by which that needs to
be done would most likely result in the possibility of a complete
merge between devuan and debian some in the future.