[Arm-netbook] Technoethical - a good-looking seller of HW with Libre SW & firmware (Technoethical holds RYF certification)

Kyle kyle at free2.ml
Thu Jul 6 23:16:07 BST 2017

According to dumblob:
# I just came across Technoethical (https://tehnoetic.com/  ) and was
# surprised by the range of libre products they sell.

Looking at the laptops, they're all refurbished Thinkpads with Intel
inside. I would perform a libre installation on such hardware if someone
already owned it, but I would certainly never consider selling it as
anything close to libre hardware. It has been said that the software
makes all the difference, but Intel ucode really is a thing, and the
stuff they have hidden in their CPU's for years makes libre software
pretty much moot. Just my 2 Satoshi.
Sent from the end