[Arm-netbook] Technoethical - a good-looking seller of HW with Libre SW & firmware (Technoethical holds RYF certification)

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Thu Jul 6 15:32:40 BST 2017

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 09:36:13AM -0400, zap wrote:
> On 07/06/2017 09:35 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:

> >> Alas, the owner of that company says that eoma68-a20 is not libre
> >> hardware...
> >>
> >> so I doubt he would be easy to convince... no maybe impossible even...
> >>
> >> meh...
> >>
> > I believe tct’s reasons for saying EOMA68-A20 isn’t libre will no
> > longer matter once it is released. Please don’t dismiss tct just for
> > having a different definition of libre.
>
> Well, I hope your right, he has been acting odd if you use trisquel
> forums... you will see what I mean...

I suppose you are talking about discussions like this:

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/technoethical-t400s-now-available

It seems tct often participates in unfriendly discussions (be they on
the Trisquel forum or the Parabola mailing list), but to me it seems
this sometimes is the right approach (and sometimes is not).

Anyway, we two seem to agree that talking to Tehnoetic is worth a try
when EOMA68-A20 is ready.