[Arm-netbook] severe systemd bugs (two of them)

Elena ``of Valhalla'' valhalla-l at trueelena.org
Tue Jul 4 10:42:37 BST 2017

On 2017-07-04 at 10:04:03 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> wrote:
>
> > Openrc is included in Debian.
>
>  that's new (and fantastic to hear) - it appears that openrc is
> interoperable with initscripts so in theeorryyy there shouldn't be any
> need to submit new configs (start/stop scripts for services).

It was one of the candidates considered when deciding what init system
to adopt, altought it had much less support than systemd or upstart (and
I suspect it's even less tested than sysvinit).

But, most maintainers are going to be happy to receive patch to improve
support for it (just like they are for sysvinit), even if they may not
be interested in creating them themselves.

I've found that the first traces of it are in 2012:

Elena ``of Valhalla''