[Arm-netbook] severe systemd bugs (two of them)

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:47:32 BST 2017

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> for anyone who still believes that systemd is okay to use and deploy,
> and that there exist "great advantages that outweigh the risks", are
> you *finally* getting the message now?

Because the only distro that uses systemd-resolved by default is
ubuntu. Nobody else has been affected by this. Have you ever wondered
why we see the kernel everywhere but every other part of the desktop
stack is irrelevant outside the desktop users ? Because there is too
much variance. And yet people keep breaking abis and support the idea
of multiple inits that do the same thing in slightly different ways
requiring the maintenance of multiple init scripts over and over
again.