[Arm-netbook] Logos

Allan Mwenda allanitomwesh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:18:08 GMT 2017

Well, the EOMA68-A20 is only fully libre in the libre tea card version.
Now that I think further into it, are the standard/hardware designs some sort of copyleft to compell third parties to also share their card designs back?
Anyway, it is very likely that if someone else picks this up, who isn't as diligent as Luke, they will make a not so libre card and try passing it off as libre using the logo (if it says so in the eoma logo, and the card passes eoma certification) FSFs definition is the strictest and the RYF certification is already worth its weight, in that, if you can convince FSF something is libre, there's very little chance it isn't. A good example is the Librem 13 laptop, which was initially marketed as libre ( but wasn't even close) which breezed it through funding and is now marketed as "privacy  respecting" after failing RYF.