[Arm-netbook] Laptop LCD Touch Pad: Display KB Layout Idea

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jan 27 06:12:59 GMT 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Allan Mwenda <allanitomwesh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I love the one on my old HP-Compaq here, Fedora detects it well. I should
> probably test it on Parabola first though, but its nice with rubber buttons
> for right and left click and demarcated right edge for scrolling up and
> down. They don't make em like this anymore I swear.

 ... and even if they did, you can't find the manufacturer (because
the entire keyword space "trackpad" is deluged with a hundred thousand
copies of the exact same product... on aliexpress and alibaba).   if
you _could_ find the manufacturer they'd tell you it was no longer
made.  if they _did_ have it they'd ask you if you were a new rep for
HP, and how many millions of units you wanted to buy.

 the moment you say "i'm not with HP, i'd like 200 please" there would
be this strange silence whilst they worked out if you were serious
about destroying their million-dollar relationship for the sake of
$500, by asking them to violate the copyright and trademarks of their
partners, HP.

 ... so no.  no trackpad.