[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 In A Intel Card World?

Tor, the Marqueteur Marqueteur at FineArtMarquetry.com
Wed Jan 25 05:53:41 GMT 2017

On 24/01/17 17:31, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:
>> Could one perhaps use the E as a representation for the socket.  Perhaps
>> someone with graphical skills would like to take inspiration from:
>>
>>  *****
>>  *  O +----+
>>  ** M | 68 |
>>  *  A +----+
>>  *****
>
>  funny.... i like that one despite not liking vertical layouts (as
> peter said).  i think it's because the EEEEEE encourages people to
> pronounce it first, then three letters "OMA" are easier to get right.
> the 68 in its own box emphasises the fact that there's other standards
> planned....
>
>  yeah.

Looking at that, I just had another ascii version pop into my head:

************
************
** O M A     (Fill this space with OMA)
**
****** ----
******|    |
**----  68 |

Looking at the completed version, it may not render as well, and it
doesn't translate to an ascii logo as well if desired.  It does return to
the horizontal layout, though.

Tor

--
Tor Chantara