[Arm-netbook] Intel at CES

Jonathan Frederickson silverskullpsu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 19:01:12 GMT 2017

>  that's Trademark infringment, which is completely different.
> CERTIFICATION mark infringment is based on STANDARDS.  a Trademark is
> based on a PRODUCT or a brand..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of certification marks
is that, while they're related to the standards published by a given
entity, the actual certification mark is the mark on the casing of the
device (or on the box, or on a sticker...), and *not* the whole set of
standards that must be met in order to qualify for that mark.

Furthermore, at least in the US it appears that the owner of a
certification mark is not permitted to use it themselves:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/certification_mark