[Arm-netbook] Laptop PCB schematics

Internet internet at devpi.de
Fri Feb 24 19:35:11 GMT 2017

I have found an interesting looking solution for USB C on the internet.
This is from a datasheet of a USB C Power Delivery controller and should
also be useful for the laptop because current be transferred in two
different directions as well. The setup uses different MOSFETS for
controlling the current and has the ability to route it to a different
location depending on the current direction. However, you still need a
switch (in this case two but they are complementary). Additionally, you
could use this to charge the battery and separate it from the rest of
the system, if power is incoming from the card, and if the card needs
power, you can simply switch it to the 5v system which should be
constantly connected to the battery (boost converter).

You can find it on page 20 in the top left corner in this
(http://www.cypress.com/file/140976/download) datasheet.

Julius Lehmann