[Arm-netbook] passthrough, a20 and rk3288 cards

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Feb 22 14:11:27 GMT 2017

---

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Michael Howard
<mike at dewberryfields.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21/02/2017 23:19, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>>> I'm probably not the kind of person to bring much to the table, either,
>>> but
>>> what kind of equipment would one need to actually attempt anything with
>>> such a
>>> card at this point?
>>
>>   a standard 12v dc power supply with a 5.5mm pin-positive jack,
>> usb-otg and micro hdmi cables, and a vga monitor.
>>
>>   the main thing i need from people before i send them $300 to $350
>> worth of equipment is a 100% committment that they'll be doing active
>> development of some kind which helps the other backers directly or
>> indirectly, or helps further the goals of the eoma68 project.
>>
>>   u-boot development, kernel development, os preparation, packaging,
>> upstreaming - anything like that.
>>
>> l.
>>

> I'd be happy to put work into os prep, packaging (desktop environment - I
> package up Trininty for my ARM devices here) and anything else that might be
> helpful. I can't add my name to the list, I'm not registered.

added.  i *really* like trinity desktop as it's amazingly lightweight
and highly functional.  i may actually put it as the default instead
of xfce.

 i have it installed and tested on one of the microsd cards, it works
really well: if you could test it out to make sure it's functional
that would be _really_ handy.

 btw if you've not got a server where you can upload packages as a
repo i'm sure one can be found somewhere.