[Arm-netbook] passthrough, a20 and rk3288 cards

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Feb 21 21:00:51 GMT 2017

On Tuesday 21. February 2017 21.16.54 Eric Duhamel wrote:
> On February 21, 2017 3:52:12 AM PST, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >btw i didn't hear from anyone about the offer to send out
> >pre-production cards.
>
> I'm tempted but I have nothing to bring to the Linux effort; zero
> experience hacking or installing the kernel and not much time to learn.

I'm probably not the kind of person to bring much to the table, either, but
what kind of equipment would one need to actually attempt anything with such a
card at this point?

I recall various videos with cards being interfaced to things, but they might
have involved previous generations of equipment like that "micro engineering
board" that was made a few years ago, so it might be useful to know what the
practical requirements are for those who are able to contribute effectively in
the near future. (Or maybe those people don't need me to ask because they
already know what they'll need.)

Paul