[Arm-netbook] systemd and kernel: 3.4, mainline [was: Re: Logging and journaling]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Feb 12 09:23:31 GMT 2017

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:39:46PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> this is a decision that is easily justifiable based on the fact that
> it's going to have to be distributed with the sunxi 3.4 kernel as
> that's the only one which supports the full hardware.

That's a proper technical argument, indeed. Anybody here managed to get
the Jessie systemd running on the 3.4 sunxi kernel?

Also: I figure that currently mainline kernel support fo those is still
not good enough for the image. But what are the chances for me to later
have it running with mainline kernel and get a decent hardware support?

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
tzafrir at cohens.org.il |                    |  best