[Arm-netbook] Logging and journaling

Russell Hyer russell.hyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 00:44:05 GMT 2017

Well a quick web search (though I couldn't quite find the reference to
the mailing list reference from Andrew at Samba) shows that the issue
is that it is a) a change from unix style services that do something
well and don't overtake the rest of the system b) a system that
increasingly does more (whether that's negotiate DNS for you and/or
log in a binary format) and more besides. It's true that I've no idea
if any of those sources on the internet are super trustworthy. But I
did already kill my distro's setup a little, so I can kinda see how
sudo/su/and a host of other services can accidentally on purpose die
just because of the init system changing (like if you (well, I
personally in this instance) modify or dpkg delete (whatever the
vernacular for that is) systemd (or partially))

As to my order, not that it probably matters, as I ordered the
LibreTea card. (I'm not sure if that'll come with systemd since
libsystemd is (perhaps) free in some senses of the term. But
increasingly less, as per Luke's post.

Though, I also see your points about wanting to have expected
behaviour, and seeing a distro as whatever that distro is (good or
bad).

Happy hacking,

Russell