[Arm-netbook] Logging and journaling

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Feb 9 14:59:02 GMT 2017

---

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> W.r.t to logging, I've agree that you're probably better off logging to
> RAM (or to a remote host) than to a local "disk", and AFAIK that's the
> default behavior of systemd anyway.

 with the exception of fedora which has only a few backers i will NOT
be distributing a filesystem which contains the completely
unethically-developed and very dangerous systemd application.  having
evaluated its development, watched the predicted security
vulnerabilities unfold and cause massive disruption, and witnessed its
"ram it down people's throats" deployment without due consideration or
consultation with end-users, nor the distros respecting end-users
rights to NOT be forced into using it, i cannot and will not be
associated or endorse such totally unethical behaviour, so will be
removing it from all rootfs images. post-distribution, if people then
wish to undo that because they find systemd to be useful and have no
objections to its usage they are entirely free to do so.