[Arm-netbook] Logging and journaling

Julie Marchant onpon4 at riseup.net
Wed Feb 8 15:19:05 GMT 2017

On 02/08/2017 09:48 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> * We tried working without a swap. After some crashes we realised it was
>   needed.

With 1 GB of RAM? You must be running the wrong programs, then. The
original OpenPandora, with only 256 MB of RAM, works perfectly fine
without swap in my experience. You just need to be mindful of how many
programs you're running at once. I seriously doubt people are commonly
going to run into problems with 2GB of RAM.

Besides, swap isn't a solution to low RAM, it's a failsafe. Some people
might find the cost of degrading a microSD card to be worth that
failsafe, as opposed to just letting some programs crash, but I think
most people would prefer the latter option for the most part.

--
Julie Marchant
https://onpon4.github.io

Protect your emails with GnuPG: