[Arm-netbook] Olimex is making an "open-source" laptop...

Christopher Havel laserhawk64 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:59:42 GMT 2017

Ouch.

Good luck :D

(Off topic, but you seem interested. I'll post this one and then stop
unless there's a lot of engagement.)

I have a diagnosis on the Osborne. It has two full-height 5.25" floppy
drives ("Mommy, what's a hard drive...?") -- this particular example has
one each of the two that Osborne used, Siemens and MPI. The MPI one (a
Model 51) has a defective spindle motor... it spins by hand, but not by
electricity, so I suspect the windings have shorted out inside. As luck
would have it, eBay has exactly one full-height floppy drive, and it's the
exact make and model of the deceased one I have! I'll have to save up a
little and hope it doesn't get bought out from under me... but I might be
able to get it. Time will tell.