[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

zap calmstorm at posteo.de
Sun Dec 31 20:31:53 GMT 2017

On 12/31/2017 05:17 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ---
> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>

> On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado at elephly.net> wrote:
>> Hi Luke,
>
>>> Just one question: is canceling support for the CrowdSupply campaign an
>>> option if you go through with this?
>> I’m quoting this, because I very much agree with Julie and others who
>> oppose Bitcoin.
>  ricardo: it's a little late... and also no longer relevant.  it's too
> late because i had *already* - 34 days ago - used personal bitcoin
> mined over five years ago that has absolutely no connection WHATSOEVER
> to the EOMA68 project's (cash, USD/RMB) funds, and second it's no
> longer relevant because it's been established that it's a long-term
> investment not an "immediate financing of this and all possible
> projects we ever wanted to be funded" opportunity.
>
>  so your opposition is noted, respected... and at the same time can be
> disregarded.

I must admit, I would not trust bitcoin either, but if you think its a
good idea to use, that's your prerogative. I just think you should use
liberapay for the majority of your donations.  and avoid bitcoin when
possible.

But since you have already have an account, I just ask you to be
careful. It may not be very stable.