[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Dec 29 15:23:35 GMT 2017

---

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Julie Marchant <onpon4 at riseup.net> wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the terms "first batch" and "second batch" as it
> pertains to this project. Which was the first and which was the second?

 the first batch was the first crowd-funded campaign: august 2016.
after that, crowdsupply effectively turned the site into a "pre-order
shop".  none of the money from this SECOND batch has left
crowdsupply's bank account.

 for the first batch, $175k, $25k appx is held by crowdsupply because
they'll be handling world-wide shipping.  $130k of the $175k went to
thinkpenguin.  $60k of that $130k immediately went to the factory in
china.  $25k is left in thinkpenguin's bank account, to deal with the
laptops when we get to it.  $45k of the $60k is left in mike's bank
account in china and that is ENTIRELY taken up with components and
PCBs for the EOMA68-A20 2.7.5 and Microdesktop 1.7.

 so if you're in the first batch there *is* nothing spare to refund
*to* anyone.  hence the question is absolutely critical because
attempting to pull out money which doesn't exist and/or has been
allocated for some considerable time does a LOT of damage.

 but, the 2nd batch? not a problem at all.