[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

Sam Huntress samhuntress at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:00:55 GMT 2017

We all seem to be talking past each other and I fear we may have some
confusion about what a ponzi scheme actually is.

In a ponzi scheme, money is taken from 'investors' under the false pretense
(lie) that it will be used to fund operations with a positive return on
investment when actually that money is just stashed and given back out to
'investors' as a fake 'return' on their 'investment'. This doesn't have to
just be cash payouts, the con (remember, short for the -confidence- they
are trying to steal from you) may include offices or turbines (or just
pictures of these things) to make everything seem more legitimate.

In this case, the investments they claim to be making are almost 100%
traceable and provable. The Bitcoin ledger can be used to see which wallets
all mined bitcoins have gone to and Bitclub can use standard public/private
key signatures to verify that they own one or more of those wallets.

If Bitclub cannot provide this verification then they may not be
technically competent enough to make good investments.

If Bitclub will not provide this verification then they are most likely
lying to their investors.

Given that they already have your money, the best thing to do is hope that
whatever they are running (legitimate or not) holds up long enough for you
to get back what you put in.

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net