[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 / Libre RISC-V team financing

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Dec 27 11:37:54 GMT 2017

---

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Luca Saiu <positron at gnu.org> wrote:
> On 2017-12-27 at 09:59, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
>> (1) is there anyone who does NOT wish to put their own money into
>> buying bitclub shares who would like ME to sign them up, and, over the
>> next few weeks and months, PAY their membership AND pay for their
>> equipment.
>
> Me.

 cool.  gnu.org email address, good enough for me.  if you sign up
(don't pay membership), then privately email me the username you added
i'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks/months, and when i have
available funds from the mining i'll pay your membership and
progressively pay for some equipment as well.

> You may want to have a look at this:
> http://behindmlm.com/companies/bitclub-network-review-zeek-ponzi-veterans-at-it-again/

 yep... seen these, and more.  don't - personally - need to see any
more :)  however for anyone who wishes to convince themselves that
they shouldn't participate, they need only look at these types of
online sites in order to be "convinced".

> I have no doubts about your good faith but to put it bluntly the
> investment is morally very questionable, almost certainly illegal, and
> likely to result in financial loss for yourself and the project.  It
> would be a shame to see the initiative crash because the funds got stuck
> in a Ponzi.

(1) i have (personally) done *my* due diligence, and am (deliberately)
*ONLY* investing BTC (not actual cash) which i happened to have (from
5 years ago) plus some donations.  i am risking no ACTUAL quotes money
quotes.  at all.

 (2) i have a friend whom i trust who put (actual) money in, i've
known him for 10 years.  his commissions are... large.  and actually
exist.

 (3) this is quite LITERALLY the opposite of a ponzi scheme.  they are
LITERALLY making the bitcoin that underpins the entire scheme.  this
is a completely unique approach which is actually extremely clever.

> Look at how many similar schemes, offering no proof of actual mining,

 i know.  this isn't one of them.

    https://bitclubpool.com/index.php?p=stats

 i've looked at e.g. gemini mining (whatever the hell they are
called).  they are DEFINITELY dodgy.  no pool stats.  no way to verify
them.  total secrecy..

 this is completely different in just about every way possible.