[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 17 08:30:41 BST 2017

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 8:08 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  flood-fill will just end up putting them back - i'd have to set a
>> copper-to-trace separation @ 15mil as well.
>>
> Isn't there a option to create barriers or free form where the
> floodfill may not come, white spaces so to speak. Seems to me there
> should be.

 there is.....  however that would mean having to maintain an exact
and specific mirror of the exact path of the traces, whereby any
changes *to* the exact and specific path of the traces would require a
corresponding, exact, specific and precisely and without fail 100%
matching change to that area.

 total pain in the ass in other words.

 ... on the other hand simply changing *one parameter* in the design
rules achieves the exact same result... done dynamically and with no
fuss.

> You should be able to create "white" spots on the GND
> planes for various reasons.

 indeed.