[Arm-netbook] Init Freedom

chadvellacott at sasktel.net chadvellacott at sasktel.net
Fri Aug 11 22:07:56 BST 2017

    This is a late response, but persons seem to keep confusing the two mailing-lists.

On 17.7.8 8:24, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:35 PM, David Niklas <doark at mail.com> wrote:
>
>> Luke I became involved about three weeks after the project started. I'm
>> still on the ML but had no time to keep up or contribute much.
>
>  not a problem.

    At first, I too thought that he was referring to THIS mailing-list,
"Arm-netbook".  But considering that David's message (as retained below) ends up
obviously focusing on Devuan and Debian, it seems that he is, even at the start of
his message, talking of a mailing-list for Devuan.

>> I saw some
>> of the most cordial behaviour that I have had the privilege to witness on
>> a mailing list from most of (all?) the members!
>
>  huh.  despite quite a lot of "venting", that's really appreciated to hear.

    (My comment above, fits here too.)

>> I really believe that they
>> will meet with success in their toiling.

~~~

>> I really think that Devuan is just taking an obvious short cut in the
>> above case. That is to say, if devuan and debian devs got together to
>> merge then devuan would get support for system and debian would support
>> other inits. I do not and did not see any resentment to debian on the
>> list by the devuan devs.
>
>  the devuan team have a really nice team spirit,

~~~