[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:38:00 BST 2017

> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:01 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
> <mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Make sure the'res as much solid GND on the layer above and below the
>> traces, again shielding.
>
>  these are layer 1 and layer 6, and layer 2 and 5 are solid GND.

I was referring mostly to layer 3 and 4. The diff pair is either on 3
or 4. If it is on 3 a slab of GND should be on 4 and vice versa.

It's
1. Vsuply + components
2. Ground
3. HF
4. HF
5. Ground
6. Vsuply + componnents

Right?

>> If tight for space you can use 90% corners with a chamfered outer
>> edge. I suppose the chamfer acts like a mirror.
>
>  i'd *really* prefer not to do that :)
>
>> https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app-notes/index.mvp/id/5100
>> Figure 6
>
> wow that's pretty bad-ass.

Yeah I had read a more extensive guide in a TI pdf somewhere, can find
it at the moment. But TI documentation also schizo's on curves vs.
corners of 35 degrees and chamfered 90 degrees.