[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 09:01:23 BST 2017

> next set...

GND shielding parallel to the differentials is interrupted quite
often. Those GND tracks act as shields, for emission and reception.
I'd try to put as much parallel GND as possible.

And trace the parallel GND around the via's, see attachment.

Make sure the'res as much solid GND on the layer above and below the
traces, again shielding.

Also I'd personally not use curved wriggles. HF signals travel in a
straight direction. With curves they start diffracting and start
bouncing cross each other and might start to radiate or echo back. But
I see that the community is divided on that stance.

If tight for space you can use 90% corners with a chamfered outer
edge. I suppose the chamfer acts like a mirror.

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app-notes/index.mvp/id/5100
Figure 6