[Arm-netbook] Solid wood corner prototype

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Apr 30 12:01:54 BST 2017

---

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Tor, the Marqueteur
<Marqueteur at fineartmarquetry.com> wrote:
> Thought I'd give a try at how a solid wood version would come out.  Here
> is the result of about 45 minutes prototyping with a piece of 3/8" Cherry
> I had lying around.

 those look _great_.

> A couple notes:  The 5/64" (.078", 1.98mm) bit has some tendency to
> wander, as can be seen in the holes.  I also goofed the measurement so
> these are 11/16" instead of 9/16" wide.  I didn't notice that until I was
> nearly done, and figured that since they weren't actually going to be
> used it didn't matter.

 one of the holes is space-saving (for 3d-printing), the other is
essential (and is 3.5mm diameter) for the bolts to hold everything
together.

> I also didn't add the slot for the PCB, mostly because I wasn't sure of
> the size, and I didn't have the appropriate cutter lying close by.  I
> have a couple thoughts on that.

 hmm me too: a CNC lathe would do the trick.  the slot is essential in
one of the parts for access to the PCMCIA eject-button.

 http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/3dcase/microdesktop_model2_corner.stl