[Arm-netbook] libre 64-bit risc-v SoC

Bill Kontos vkontogpls at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 18:21:00 BST 2017

On self driving cars atm the driver is required to sit on the driver's
position ready to engage the controls. The moment the driver touches the
gas pedal the car is under his control. So the system is designed in such a
way that the driver is actually in control. In the only accident so far in
the history of Tesla the driver was actually sleeping instead of paying
attention. Also the issue of preventing the AI from optimising out some
edge cases can be solved by carefully planning the tests that the neural
network is trained on, which includes hitting the cycler instead of the
folks in a bus stop or hitting the tree instead of the animal etc. I'm
confident this stuff has already been taken care of, but of course I would
love it if Tesla's code was open source. Although I fail to see how they
could continue making revenue if they open sourced their code( as that is
basically 50% of what they are selling).

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net