[Arm-netbook] System 76 - Entering Phase 3

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Apr 23 21:32:40 BST 2017

\On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Bill Kontos <vkontogpls at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, don't worry. I don't call names on anyone. As RMS said, I'm not glad
> that he died, but I'm glad that he's gone. I believe in the value of human
> life above all else.

 even the worst person in the world, if we encounter them, simply
shows us whom we are.  our reactions to them, our thoughts - our
actions.

 what i've learned over many years of working not just with software
libre but with many other people is that i act as an accelerant.  just
being around others brings out the best *and* the worst in them - both
being good things, in different ways.  the "good" is obvious, but the
"bad" tends to be *so extreme* - something that was otherwise
completely non-obvious even to them let alone those people adversely
affected - that it cannot be ignored any longer, or comes to the
attention of a wider audience.

 i've been censored approximately *five* times from various different
projects over the past seventeen years.  *every single one of them*,
by failing to acknowledge and deal with the underlying problems within
their team and problematic members - has, some twelve to eighteen
months later, had some form of catastrophic implosion in the form of
loss of contributors in, users of, scope and relevance of, or funding
of the project.

 everyone has a role to play.

 more tomorrow bill, i'll read the rest then: it's 4:30am here.