[Arm-netbook] System 76 - Entering Phase 3

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Apr 23 19:12:52 BST 2017

---

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 4:25 PM, zap <zapper at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> I get the feeling your trying to say, back anyone who offers an
> alternative to proprietary software yes?

 yes, for goodness sake yes.  people like chris who actually puts R&D
funding into "it just works because the drivers are libre" hardware
are pretty rare, and if they're not still in business because people
prioritise "low price" over everything else, we (collectively) lose.

> Not that free software isn't the best option point blank.

 *sigh* i know - that's why i'm running a win7 qemu as there's
strategically critical software to this project that simply has no
viable alternative in the software libre world.  it's a bitch, but i
can genuinely say i really *really* tried using the libre alternatives
and... well.. sadly... they sucked.

> If I am tiring you out, my bad.

 not at all.