[Arm-netbook] ZeroPhone

Wolfram Kahl kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Sun Apr 16 16:51:56 BST 2017

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 11:42:01AM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > Something like this?: http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/shenzen/frida/FRD3504503.pdf
>
>  ... exactly like that :)  except i'm not a huge fan of resistive
> panels... they are quite a lot cheaper though.

That's just a bit less than 3.5in diagonal --- I at least do not enjoy
operating such tiny touchscreens with >0.5in fingers...

Wikipedia confirms my experience:

 | A resistive touchscreen operated with a stylus will generally offer
 | greater pointing precision than a capacitive touchscreen operated with
 | a finger.

A small (up to at least 5in) capacitive touchscreen is therefore
outright unattractive for me --- perhaps somebody puts together
a portable EOMA housing with a resistive touchscreen and a stylus?  ;-)

Wolfram