[Arm-netbook] microdesktop casework as DXF files for laser-cutting

Tor, the Marqueteur Marqueteur at FineArtMarquetry.com
Sun Apr 2 22:53:05 BST 2017

On 02/04/17 11:27, Paul Boddie wrote:
> On Sunday 2. April 2017 23.05.25 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> ok so i've created corner-pieces which will need to be 3d-printed,
>> they contain slots for the PCB as well as for upright 1.5mm 3-ply
>> sides.  the far corner near the PCMCIA eject button needs some work /
>> rethinking because there's a cut-out in the PCB.
>>
>> the cut-out is basically too far back, and that's lack of iterations /
>> planning on my part - i'm not doing another revision of the
>> microdesktop PCB now, not at this stage, so i'll work something out.
>>
>> http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/microdesktop_3.png
>
> This should be the following, I think:
>
> http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/3dcase/microdesktop_3.png

It comes in seconds after I ask.  Oh, well.

That, or an elegantized version thereof, will definitely work.  Dealing
with wood movement is the original reason for frame and panel cabinet
doors.  The long grain top and bottom don't move perceptibly, keeping the
door from being ugly small in the winter, and inoperable in the summer.

As I noted, the stacked ply may not be quite such an issue after all, if
you want to keep that.  It's taken me a while to wrap my head around just
how /small/ and /simple/ the microdesktop really is, with (AFAICT) the
single PCB being held only by the edges of the PCB.  In this case, the
Z-movement won't affect the PCB and components mounted to it, so the only
thing that remains is to leave enough space to allow for possible dry
climate shrinkage.

Tor

--
Tor Chantara