[Arm-netbook] Letux Cortex 15

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 23 02:30:36 BST 2016

---

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read the archives of the Tinkerphones (previously OpenPhoenux) community
> mailing list, and it appears that Nikolaus - the man behind the GTA04
> smartphone and influential in the Pyra and Neo900 projects - may end up making
> the processor module for the Pyra handheld available as a separate item:
>
> http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/community/2016-September/001505.html

cool!

> within the appropriate area. And although it would have been great if the
> EOMA68 profile had been used instead, that might have had implications for its
> use in the Pyra.

yes.

looking at what's being designed, it's a 200-pin (2x100) SoM with a
comprehensive range of pinouts.  it's clearly designed to take
advantage of the OMAP5 (which is a bitch to get hold of) so making it
easier to obtain is a good idea.

what they've done there is trade "comprehensive pinout availability"
for "future upgradeability".  given that the OMAP5 is still a very
good processor, that's not such a bad thing.