[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 Libre laptop PCB2

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 16 11:20:26 BST 2016

---

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent.legoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/news/EOMA68_Libre_15.6in_Laptop_PCB_2nd_phase_prototyping/
>
> I've been searching on:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/pcbs/
>
> (with a slight formatting fix, may need double check...)

 you want http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/laptop_15in then check pcb1
directory for a schematic PDF (just generated yesterday).

 laptop_15in_PCB1__rev2_2.pdf

> And I couldn't find what I wanted to know: are there GPIO (or anything
> else that can do) available on the laptop pcbs ?

 there's very very little available, i had to use pretty much all of
them.  there's a 6-pin header which is for I2C and UART - that's all.
that's the *only* spare pins.  J1 in the above schematic.

> I ask in the context of the keyboard ligthing LED idea we discussed earlier.
>
> That would make some other laptop tinkering / modification ideas viable...

 you could hang an I2C GPIO expander off the 6-pin port, but for god's
sake don't try to power the LEDs from the VREFTTL coming off that same
pin-header: take power from J4 instead.