[Arm-netbook] "zombie" campaign

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Sep 13 00:32:43 BST 2016

---

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:21 AM,  <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:

>    I did not really mean to ask you to predict the likelihood of an
> earth-quake or flood or fire, or things which are generally relevant to life
> rather than specifically relevant to this campaign.
>    I was not trying to get you to promise something which you cannot
> thoughtfully promise.  I understand being sensitive to not over-promising,
> in the position which you are in.  I myself try to avoid over-promising.
> And I aim to give others reasonable and compassionate latitude in regard to
> anything which they word as a promise to me.

 i didn't read - and still haven't read (and am not going to read) -
the terms and conditions: instead i've been relying on *other people*
to tell me what the deal is.  i've been getting on with the job of
getting things done, and i'm trusting *other people* to tell me what
the deal is.

 i need to get on with the job of completing the PCB CAD designs, and
finding somewhere to live, and communicating with the factory, and
sorting out china visas, and a ton of other things.

>    The context for my question, was the discussion between thee and Sam
> Kuper, as to "Crowd Supply's" terms for pledges and for pre-orders.  Thou
> ended up seeming to admit to having mis-understood regarding pre-orders, and
> to be having some kind of "second thoughts" regarding pre-orders, as shown
> in the top quotes of this "email" and my previous "email".  I deliberately
> included those quotes now and previously.  Because they were relevant
> "background" to my question.

 i haven't got time.  sorry.  i have to be out of this hotel, get
photos, get the form filled in for the china visa, find somewhere to
put 120kg worth of luggage, all in the next 2 hours.

>    I only meant to ask a question as to your plans, and as to whether you
> were re-considering some one or more plans.  I guess that I should have
> asked, "how likely will" instead of "shall".

 i don't know.

>    (a) Are you considering suspending pre-orders?

 no.  preorders increase dramatically when the first batch starts shipping.

>    (b) "Would" it help you at all, in your decision-making (such as whether
> to get the factory to make 200 more cards), if I pre-"order" (it'd be at
> least 1 computer-card and at least 1 "PFY" lap-top-kit) as soon as I am
> ready?

 one person, no. 200 people, yes.   too early to tell yet.