[Arm-netbook] "zombie" campaign

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Sep 12 07:25:06 BST 2016

---

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 11:47 PM,  <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On 16.9.9 20:41, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>
>> ---
>> crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
>>

>> On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Sam Pablo Kuper
>> <sampablokuper at posteo.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "By using the Service to accept Pre-orders, you as the Creator are
>>> offering Users the opportunity to enter into an agreement with you. By
>>> using the Service to place a Pre-order, you as the Customer accept that
>>> offer and the agreement between Customer and Creator is formed. Crowd
>>> Supply is not a party to the agreement between the Customer and Creator.
>>> All dealings related to Pre-orders are solely between Users, regardless
>>> of the Company’s role as an intermediary."
>>>
>>> Seems pretty clear to me :)
>>

>>   hmm.... have to think about that, as i can't come back in the USA and
>> bring in anything that could be construed as a "sample".
>>
>> l.
>>
>    Would it work to just ship those items, from outside of the "US", like
> "MiniFree" or "Kano" seem to or seemed to?  At least for shipping TO
> addresses outside of the "US"?

 we need to work out if it's cheaper to ship everything first to the
US and then outwards from there (because there's no customs duty, just
a one-off "fee" that pales into insignificance).  certainly, sea
freight (which is by volume) would be a lot lower than air freight
(which is by weight).

 i've been trusting the amounts that both chris and joshua
independently use: they're both experienced at this.  me, i'm just
getting my head down into the PCBs etc. for now - logistics comes
later.