[Arm-netbook] "zombie" campaign

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 9 17:47:15 BST 2016

---

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 5:33 PM,  <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:

>> so the more you can get made at once, the less they cost.  very simple.
>>
>    So is it correct that the second batch of backers, must pay SOON ENOUGH
> that you can, at ONE time, pay the factory to, in the same set-up, produce
> for BOTH the FIRST backers AND the SECOND backers?
>
>    (Or do the second batch of backers, have to, sadly, wait until they have
> ordered 150,000.00 worth, before their parts start to get produced?)

 i'm thinking about it (as in, it's a really good question) that i'm
wrestling with.   there's 800 EOMA68-A20 computer cards pledged for,
for example, in this first batch.  should i order 200 more, make it
1,000, because the cost of 1,000 will be even lower cost than ordering
800?

 bear in mind that the extra 200 is going to have to come out of the
"spare" budget (which is only around $50k and needs to pay for tons of
other things).

 if we leave it until afterwards, and the preorders from the second
batch is less, it'll be more expensive both for the first batch *and*
the second batch.  now, we did make the estimates based on a MOQ of
250, so in *theory* it should be okay...

 or, should i take on a contract that pays me $80k+ / yr, such that i
can then *pay* other people to do the work, and invest some of it in
extra stock, such that it really doesn't matter?

 huge number of questions and at some point in the very near future
i'll just have to make a decision and go with it.