[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 A20 DDR3 SA15 (2GB addressing), finance records in bugtracker

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Sep 5 18:37:54 BST 2016

On Monday 5. September 2016 18.51.21 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> http://bugs.rhombus-tech.net/index_by_target.html
>
> i'm keeping a record of the amounts in and out.  thinkpenguin (my
> sponsor) is handling the money... which if you've been following
> (running) the assess_campaign.py program is pretty much gone /
> accounted for.  there are a number of reasons why the amounts are
> being published, not least is so that people can see exactly where the
> money's going, but also to ensure that it is absolutely clear that
> this is *NOT* being run as a "profit maximising business".  over the
> past five years i've put at least $40,000 of my own personal funds
> into this; over the past two years thinkpenguin has sponsored the
> project with a further $60,000 approximately (so far).

I think I am not alone in thanking you for remaining so committed to this work
and for ThinkPenguin in seeing the value in it, too. And the above issue page
is very interesting to see as well.

[Wikipedia correctness and authoritative edits]

> interesting situation - one that wikipedia's clearly never had to deal
> with before.

Rather than spend a paragraph or two talking about that, I suggest that we
just build more robust external sources that the Wikipedia page can make use
of. Personally, I'm not a Wikipedia person, but I can possibly spend a little
more time looking at the page. (My previous edits were mostly about fixing up
citations, of which more are needed as the page stands.)

> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/
>
> the DDR3 RAM address line that needed to be added has been done...

Good to know!

[...]

> at the time that the original A10 board was done, we actually didn't
> *know* if it was possible to do 4x DDR3x8 2GB RAM layout: it was only
> tom cubie's team who discovered the extra address line and used it
> with the Cubietruck.

A nice demonstration that sharing such knowledge benefits others. ;-)

Paul