[Arm-netbook] An update on the OLIMEX TERES-I laptop

Mike Leimon leimon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 01:34:01 BST 2016

Oh yeah, I stumbled across this blog update yesterday as well.

https://olimex.wordpress.com/2016/08/31/teres-i-diy-open-source-hardware-hackers-laptop-update/

Now I do realize that yet again that some people around here aren't the
biggest fans of OLIMEX however, keep in mind that I'm not submitting this
to ruffle any feathers. I just found this blog post to be quite interesting
in that it describes a lot of similar problems and issues I've read about
in one form or another on the mailing list. It seems to me that they still
have a lot of work ahead of them before they start to get anywhere.

I personally think that the modular CPU card design is vastly superior
however, it's still really neat to see more and more ARM laptops in the
pipeline. Perhaps it means that before too long there will be more
pre-compiled software and better drivers available for these systems as a
whole.

-Mike