[Arm-netbook] New Open Access Journal for Open Source Hardware

Mike Leimon leimon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:04:58 BST 2016

Greetings all,

One of my friends brought this new open access journal to my attention this
morning. Apparently, it is just starting up now and looking for an initial
call for papers.

http://www.journals.elsevier.com/hardwarex/

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have brought this up at all however, since it
appears this is going to be an open access journal, I am thinking that it
may in fact be handled in a manner that is compatible with the spirit and
the goals of the EOMA-68 project. Given the readership of scholarly
journals, an effort to get a publication about this new open hardware
standard could result a lot of interest and adoption within the scientific
community. Perhaps if that comes to fruition, we may see EOMA-68 cards
adopted as components used within custom sensors or instrumentation.

Anyhow, I'd say looking into this may be worth at least a few minutes of
time.

-Mike