[Arm-netbook] Some Pine64 Experiences (via Planet Debian)

Matt Campbell mattcampbell at pobox.com
Wed Oct 12 14:23:00 BST 2016

Luke, I'm surprised you're interested in the Ingenic SoCs again. I
thought you had given up on them because there aren't any current libre
distros for the MIPS architecture. Has anything changed in that regard?

Regardless, I, for one, would strongly prefer an ARMv7 or ARM64 based
SoC, for one reason: an ARMv7+ processor can run a huge variety of
Android apps. While many on this list will want to run 100% libre
software on their EOMA68 computers, I think the possibility of running
proprietary Android apps, perhaps in a sandboxed VM on top of a libre
OS, would increase the appeal of EOMA68 computers to a lot of people.

Matt