[Arm-netbook] routing vpns over ssh

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Oct 12 13:58:51 BST 2016

> the IP address of my server has been blocked *not* by the china
> government but by the cisco equipment where i'm currently located...

Hmm... I must say that I haven't spent much time fiddling with it, but
when I was in Beijing last summer access to my OpenVPN server (sharing
port with an https server) worked just fine.  The only tricky part was
that I needed to tunnel the DNS requests through the VPN as well
(because apparently the local DNS would give bogus IP addresses for some
services such as duckduckgo.com, IIRC).

        Stefan