[Arm-netbook] OT: The U.S. Needs to Stop Lecturing the Rest of the World About Internet Values

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Nov 28 18:51:12 GMT 2016

---

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:58 PM, FaTony <fatony at fatony.net> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
>>  you have to have hope, man.  i had no idea things were that bad, it
>> would seem thet russia's feeling the effects of what robert david
>> steele describes as being an endemic and systemic power-corruption,
>> just as much as anywhere.
>>
>>  he does however point out that the "poor" have, collectively, *MORE*
>> buying-power than the 1% elite who keep them oppressed and suppressed.
>> do read what he wrote because i feel that you will see that there is
>> always hope.
>>
>> l.
>
> It would require the average Joe to be able to see beyond his nose.

 robert david steele calls that the "tunisian fruit seller" tipping
point.  it'll happen.

> had to convince my parents and friends to vote. Half of them didn't care
> and the other half didn't think their vote matters. The latter is mostly
> true as elections are almost completely rigged and there is now a
> popular meme "146%" because that is a total amount of votes if you add
> all parties together according to a federal TV report.

 brazen.  amazing.

> There was one notable exception. Alexey Navalny was running for a mayor
> of Moscow and got the 2nd place with ~20% votes. After that, he was
> quickly arrested and was about to get a prison sentence but managed to
> avoid it. But his brother didn't though, he's still in prison.

 ahh - yes: to make sure alexey behaves.  very clever.  well, read
what robert steele writes: he points out that we can just sit here and
cower before these people, or we can use transparency and open-ness to
say "ENOUGH", and take responsibility for ourselves.

 for computing, i'm merely presenting people with the *opportunity* to
own their own hardware: that's just one small part (quite a
strategically important one) but it's part of something much bigger
that people have to wake up to.

 never give up hope, fatony.