[Arm-netbook] Have you checked out this Open Source RISC-V-based 32-bit μC?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Nov 17 21:09:19 GMT 2016

On Thursday 3. November 2016 15.59.16 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> what's the name of the group behind it, and who is in that group?
> there's been a lot of publications and discussions online about risc-v
> - it should not be hard to find what they're planning as it is
> extremely likely that it's been discussed online for several months if
> not years.

We at least know who is fabricating their product:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/providers/electronics-fabrication/taiwan-
semiconductor

That's rather interesting because I had the impression that TSMC was really
for people committing to huge volumes, with orders covered by highly secretive
contracts, which isn't what you'd normally associate with a crowdfunding
campaign. But maybe they like to keep their older foundries busy with smaller-
volume orders like this.

Paul

P.S. The Crowd Supply providers directory seems to be an interesting starting
point for anyone looking for companies that do different things:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/providers