[Arm-netbook] closed-source BootROM and RYF certification

Parobalth parobalth at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:09:30 GMT 2016

My original message went to moderation queue because it exceeded the
allowed file size. So I am forwarding my message without the pdf
attachment to the list.

----- Forwarded message from Parobalth <parobalth at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 20:13:10 +0200
From: Parobalth <parobalth at gmail.com>
To: arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Subject: closed-source BootROM and RYF certification

At the forum of NextThing Chip is a thread about Chip and a
possible RYF certification. I wrote there that I think that is unlikely
to happen and linked to https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop/updates/fsf-ryf-background.
Then someone else mentioned that a closed-source BootROM is used for Chip.
Another guy with username "eaterjolly" wrote about this BootROM: "The same type of SOC is
used for the EOMA croud project which is vying for ryf-endorsement quite
openly [...]"

You can find the forum thread here:
https://bbs.nextthing.co/t/ntc-thoughts-on-ryf-endorsement/4490

Because they use Discourse to power their forum which relies heavily on
JavaScript I also attach a Pdf version of the forum post.

I wonder if the mentioned statements are correct and how it relates to
the RYF certification of the EOMA68-A20 Libre Tea card.

kind regards
Paro

----- End forwarded message -----